A General Guide To Maintaining A Clean Office
A General Guide To Maintaining A Clean Office
No matter the size of your office, things can get messy. Employees can get busy and leave food in their trashcans overnight or even over the weekend. We have composed a few guidelines to keeping your office clean, clear of clutter and overall improvement of your restroom appearance.
Everyone can do their part. Make it an office practice that all employees remove their garbage before leaving for the day. Not only does it reduce odor but the practice also keeps pests away from the office space.
Each employee can keep their workspace tidy. This speaks for itself. If papers for files are removed from the cabinet be sure employees put them back in place. Not only does this create a tidy workspace but it also allows for efficiency as someone else may also need to use the folder and will now know where to find it.
Use the front entrance mats. Even though the employee’s shoes are dry doesn’t mean they aren’t dirty. Having mats placed at all entrances helps reduce dirt from being trekked through the office leaving noticeable footprints throughout.
Keeping Furry Friends Safe During Fire Damage Restoration
Keeping Furry Friends Safe During Fire Damage Restoration
Dog owners are understandably very relieved when their pets survive a home fire with no harm. However, they still worry about whether their pets will be safe during fire damage restoration in their Orlando homes. SERVPRO customers often ask us if it is safe for their pets to stay in the house while we work.
Can your pet stay in your home while SERVPRO is working?
We recommend moving your dog to a safe location outside of your home. Depending on the extent of the fire , there could be many hazards for them in your house:
- Nails, glass, or broken bits of wood on the floor
- Hanging drywall or collapsed ceilings
- Firefighting chemicals or leftover water from fire hoses
It is best for your pet – and better for your peace of mind – if you can arrange for them to go to a shelter or stay with a trusted friend or family member.
Kitchen Safety: Grease Fires
Kitchen Safety 101: Grease Fire Basics
Always give your full attention to cooking. It's sometimes difficult to do when family members are both working and schooling from home, but it is essential. Forty-nine percent of home fires begin with cooking equipment, and thirty-three percent of those are from unattended equipment! A moment's distraction could end in tragedy.
A grease fire is the most common type of kitchen fire. Smoking oil is a sign that the burner is too hot! Should a fire develop, turn off the heat immediately! When frying on the stovetop, always have a lid nearby to suffocate a fire. It is also important to keep a large box of baking soda on-hand to put out a small grease fire. Never pour water on a grease fire – it will only make it worse! Every kitchen should have a fire extinguisher as a last resort.
Once you've finished cooking, always clean up any grease splatter on and around the stove. Thoroughly clean the heating elements or glass top so remnants cannot catch fire the next time the stove is in use.
Air Duct Cleaning for your Morro Bay Home after Fire Damage
Air Duct cleaning for your Morro Bay home after a Fire
A fire in your Morro Bay/ King City home can result in a widespread amount of residual problems. For example, the ductwork for your air circulation system likely collected substantial amounts of dirt, debris, odors, and soot while the fire continued to rage inside your property.
Hire a professional it makes a difference!
In the event of a fire damage loss you want a professional on your side. SERVPRO of Morro Bay/ King City is highly qualified to handle all your fire restoration needs.
SERVPRO of Morro Bay understands your duct work
Understanding that the ductwork can often get a considerable amount of damage with a widespread fire, these areas are often part of the initial inspection conducted by our project manager and estimator. The combusted residue is typically acidic and can corrode these conduits if not dealt with quickly.
Board Up Service for your recent Fire Loss
SERVPRO of Morro Bay/King city is here for you after a Fire Loss
Experiencing a fire loss is one of the most emotionally traumatizing experiences for a home or business owner. After the flames have subsided their is just scorched rubble. The property is now very vulnerable. After the disaster of the initial loss you do not want to risk further damage.
Keep your property secure after a loss with our Board Up Services
SERVPRO of Morro Bay/ King city is here to provide all around customer care by offering board up assistance after a fire loss. The openings where your doors and windows used to be will be securely boarded up with plywood. It can bring some peace of mind to an already stressful situation. Our professionally trained team will do everything we can to ease the stress and secure your property to the highest industry standard. Call us today!
Three ways your Commercial Business is wasting Water
Is your commercial business wasting water and money? Consider this.
As a business owner you want to find ways to optimize and cut costs down as much as possible. After all by doing so you keep more profit overall. A few things to consider within your business is the possibility of minor faucet leaks, slow draining toilets, hidden irrigation leaks, or low water pressure. These although seemingly small, they can create large cost.
- Increased Water Bill- Just a single leaky faucet can mean many gallons of water wasted. If you have several leaky faucets, toilets, and irrigation pipes, the resulting amount of water becomes very expensive.
- Damage caused by water-Just one unrepaired water leak can cause damage to walls, ceilings, and flooring as moisture seeps throughout the area. This can also lead to mold.
- Secondary Damage- Even when problems are addressed, if not in a speed manner, you can end up with hidden damage. High levels of humidity continue to affect those corners of the building until mold develops or warping, discoloration, and rust have settled in.
Cleaning for your Commercial Real Estate Business
Why Real Estate Professionals Need SERVPRO of King City/Morro Bay
Are you struggling to get the needed interest in your property? Do you feel like you're just missing the mark? If your listing isn't where it needs to be, you'd be surprised what a professional cleaning will do. The market is booming right now, and if your listing isn't at its full potential, buyers will move on to the next listing. Research shows that a customer will know if they want to move forward with buying a property within ten seconds of being in the environment. Let SERVPRO of Morro Bay assist you in getting your property move in ready.
We are ready to work with you. We clean carpets, windows, high-touch surfaces, walls, ceilings, and appliances! We can tailor a specific cleaning package to your specific needs. We will take care of you quickly and efficiently.
What are the most common causes of a commercial water loss?
Dealing with a commercial water loss in your business
As a business owner dealing with a loss can be stressful. This is especially true if you must close down your business during repairs. SERVPRO of Morro Bay is ready to relieve any stress by cleaning up after a loss and restoring your assets in a quick and efficient manner!
Four of the most common causes of a commercial water loss
- Broken pipe- A broken pipe can cause all sorts of damage. There are many factors that could contribute to a damaged or even burst pipe such as freezing temperature or corrosion. Look out for water stains on your buildings walls as a indicator.
- Damaged HVAC- Over time, HVAC ducts can begin to wear out or get damaged, which will lead to water damage. Regularly service your HVAC.
- Window Damage- Damaged windows or windows with a damaged seal will allow moisture and water to seep into the building. If this is not resolved it can lead to mold or warped wood.
- Severe weather/Natural Disaster- While you cannot prevent a disaster from occurring you can prepare by regularly servicing your building.
Why an ERP is Absolutely Necessary for Your Business
An ERP, or Emergency Ready Plan, is a method of planning for emergencies before they even occur. Why should your business have an ERP? Your emergency strategy will be carefully devised to guide you and your employees when taking the decisive action necessary during a disaster of any size. The SERVPRO Ready Plan information will give you the security of emergency preparedness, and your plan information can be downloaded into our Ready Plan app to instantly share with SERVPRO so that the damage can be intercepted right away.
Here are some things to consider while putting your ERP into place:
- Talk with your employees to formulate as many disaster scenarios as they can come up with. The most recent hurricanes that have hit Texas have created numerous learning opportunities for preparedness. Studying such tragedies can help you more effectively project other possible disasters to better plan for them.
- It is necessary to create an ERP that protects anyone in the building. The Department of Homeland Security refers to this as “Protective Actions for Life Safety,” and includes:
- Fire Drills. Rehearsals for action during a fire.
- Sheltering. Sheltering staff during a natural disaster.
- Sheltering in Place. Sheltering staff during a man-made emergency.
- Lockdown. Eluding an active shooter.
- Stabilizing an incident means preventing further damage on the scene. This can be accomplished by training your employees in various rescue procedures including:
- First Aid and CPR
- Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers
- Without guidance during an evacuation, people will often panic. Consider adding an evacuation team to your ERP:
- Assign point persons to guide evacuees out of the building.
- Appoint helpers to assist persons with disabilities.
- If an exit is blocked by a hazard such as a collapsed ceiling, make sure the evacuation team is trained to redirect employees to an alternate exit.
SERVPRO of Morro Bay to King City is a reliable, professional provider of emergency cleaning and restoration services when you experience fire and water damage. SERVPRO can expertly help you devise an effective Emergency Readiness Plan for your business here in the Grapevine area.
What to Expect From a Fire Damage Restoration Project
A fire damage event is difficult for the home or business owner on many levels, and the restoration process that follows can be intimidating. Today we are sharing what you can expect from a fire restoration project. Each fire event is a little different, and each will require a unique solution, although the overall general process stays the same. The steps we are listing below will illustrate the SERVPRO process for the average fire damage emergency.
- Emergency Contact. Your restoration process begins the moment that you contact us. Our representative will ask you questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us to respond with the appropriate equipment and resources for your particular situation.
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment. Our team will carefully inspect and test all the adjoining rooms of your home or business to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is vital to us, allowing us to develop the perfect plan of action for your property.
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service. Fire damage will often compromise the condition of windows, walls, and roofing. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we will board up missing windows and walls, and place tarps on damaged areas of the roof.
- Water Removal and Drying. If water damage is present, the water removal process will begin almost immediately, with the goal of removing the majority of the water. Our team will then employ dehumidifiers and air movers to remove any remaining water and complete the drying process.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot From All Surfaces. SERVPRO uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and all other surfaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing. We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. Our team uses a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to the condition they were in before the fire. We are also trained to remove lingering odors, using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
- Restoration. This is the final step - getting your home or business back to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, installing new carpet, or painting surfaces, or it may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various rooms or areas.
Here at SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant County, we are ready to help if your Grapevine home or business suffers from damage due to fire or water. You can also count on us when it comes to mold remediation and prevention.