How To Handle Storm Damage in Paso Robles
When storm damage hits Central Coast homes and businesses, it's important to know what to do until SERVPRO crews get on site.
- Call SERVPRO at (805) 674-5771 immediately upon discovering damage.
- Shut off the source of water (ie: replace sump pump) or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting. Use a shop vac or carpet cleaning machine to suck water from carpets. Do Not use a household vacuum cleaner.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove electronics, documents, sensitive or valuable items to a dry place.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting and window curtains off damp floors.
- Pull carpet back from the walls to limit water wicking into the drywall.
Don't forget that when storm damage strikes on the Central Coast, SERVPRO is here to help!